1. Why define blue chip collections:
- Market dimension:
- As the leader and typical representative of the NFT market, blue chip collections can be used as an indicator that reflects the overall market performance.
- Collection dimension:
- The performance and changes of blue chip collections are more concerned by the market, including floor price, transaction, liquidity, market value, etc.
- If a collection has many blue chip holders, it means that the collection is supported by many people and is likely to become the next blue chip collection.
- Address dimension:
- If an address holds a blue chip NFT (blue chip holder), it reflects that the address has a certain financial strength and is probably good at investing in NFTs. Tracking these addresses is better than tracking random ones.
2. Blue Chip Collections
Blue chip collections refer to relatively mature, stable, and widely recognized projects that will maintain high value in the future and are worthy of long-term holding. There are currently some recognized blue-chip projects in the market, such as CryptoPunks, BAYC, Azuki, etc. There is no specific unified standard for screening blue chip collections.
The criteria for NFTGo.io to screen blue chip collections are
- Market Cap is at the top among all collections(except Land projects and Art Blocks) listed on NFTGo.io
- Leading collections of some important sub-categories - PROOF Collective (utility/passcard), Nouns(cc0)
According to the above criteria, a total of 16 projects were selected as blue chip collections, namely:
CryptoPunks, Bored Ape Yacht Club, Mutant Ape Yacht Club, CLONE X - X TAKASHI MURAKAMI, Meebits, Doodles, Space Doodles, Cool Cats NFT, CyberKongz, World of Women, VeeFriends, Azuki, Bored Ape Kennel Club, PROOF Collective, Nouns, Moonbirds.
NFTGo will quarterly adjust the blue chip collection list based on user feedback, market status and collection performance. The update log is as below:
- 2022 Q3 | Delete "Otherdeed for Otherside, The Sandbox, Decentraland"; Added "Space Doodles"
- BC Holders & BC Ratio
- Blue Chip Index
3. Blue Chip Holders
- For a single address:
- Blue Chip Holder: An address that holds at least one blue chip NFT.
- Super Blue Chip Holder: ∑The number of blue-chip NFTs held * the floor price of each blue chip collection > 200 ETH
- For blue chip holders within a collection:
- For Blue Chip collections, Blue Chip Holders are mutual holders of this collection and other Blue Chip collections.
- For Non-Blue Chip collections, Blue Chip Holders are addresses that hold at least one NFT in any Blue Chip collections.
- For a single address:
- Relevant features:
- Blue Chip Holder highlighting
Updated 4 months ago